Turning innovative ideas into successful businesses requires a powerful blend of people, place, culture and imagination.
The experienced team at Cavan Local Enterprise Office stimulates and assists the creation of economically sustainable new enterprises and supports the expansion and growth of existing local micro-enterprises across a wide range of sectors. The Local Enterprise Office (LEO) provides assistance for local enterprises by:
- Offering a first point of contact for local entrepreneurs for information on business supports, advice, and guidance;
- Providing business and enterprise related training and management development programmes;
- Facilitating specialist mentoring supports;
- Providing financial assistance to priority business sectors;
- Promoting enterprise awareness and an entrepreneurial culture via information seminars, networking events, student enterprise initiatives and national enterprise awards.
The enterprise culture across the county is actively harnessing the entrepreneurial potential of the region’s business and educational communities to create a living network of people, places and ideas.
The county has excellent support services for the business community from the Local Enterprise Office and other relevant sections of the local authority, Enterprise Ireland, local Chambers of Commerce, IDA Ireland, Cavan Innovation and Technology Centre, and the local Institute of Further Education
These organisations and initiatives, amongst others, have helped transform the social and economic landscape of County Cavan to create a vibrant, dynamic and diverse enterprise community.
The combination of high quality business parks equipped with leading edge communications facilities, and access to local and regional education centres, has given us a county with a powerful enterprise culture.
Indigenous development companies
Cavan has achieved much success in job creation with indigenous development across a wide range of sectors. Some key Irish owned industries providing valued employment in the county include:
- Carton Bros (Poultry Products)
- Lakeland Dairies (Dairy Products)
- Glanbia Ingredients (Dairy Products)
- Quinn Packaging (Packaging Solutions)
- Kingspan Group (Building Materials and Renewables)
- Liffey Meats (Meat Processing)
- Obelisk Communications (Telecoms Services)
- Gem Plastics (Plastic Containers)
- Terra (Drinks Manufacturer)
- Univet (Veterinary Pharmaceuticals)
- McCarren Meats (Bacon Products)
- O’Reilly Brothers (Concrete Products)
- FSW Coatings (Paint Manufacturing)
- P&S Group (Civil Engineering Works)
- ATA Group (Precision Engineering)
- Breffni Mushrooms (Mushroom Products)
- Optinergy (Wind Turbine Maintenance)
- Clonarn Clover (Egg Products)
- Abcon (Manufacturer of Abrasives)
- Cavan Box (Packaging)
- Ballytherm (Insulation)
- PQE Technology Ltd (Precision Engineering)
- Carleton Cakes (Confectionary)
- Agrigear (Wheel Systems)
- Shalvey Poultry (Processed Poultry Products)
- Quinn Therm (Insulation)